Home improvements can make a home more pleasant to live in and may also increase its value.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Think about changes that would appeal to someone buying your home in the future
- Updating the bathrooms and kitchen in an older home can increase its resale value
- Updating the paint on the outside of your house, installing a new roof, redoing your walkways and driveway, adding attractive mailboxes and landscaping will improve your home’s appearance
- Some renovations can pay for themselves, especially if they result in savings on utility bills, a higher selling price or years of greater comfort and enjoyment in your home
- Think about improving your home’s energy efficiency for comfort and savings